Saturday 19 January 2013

Curried fish chowder with paleo croutons

We tend to eat fish a couple of times a week, but the limitation on making this fish stew is I have only found one place in Swindon that I can buy plantains.  In fact, when I asked in Sainsbury's, you would have thought that I was asking for ostrich or octopus (actually, I think you can buy that there).  Anyway, it seems that only the large Asda stores stock plantain.

My only concern of eating Curried fish chowder is the shortage of vegetables, so you may want to serve it with a salad or fruit.  We had previously had a large pot of vegetable soup, so I felt it balanced out over the day.  It is quite quick as long as you remember to thaw the fish.  I buy big one kilo bags of pollack, which are just right for this.  I start frying the crou-tains at the same time as I put the fish in the pot, and it all seems to come together.

[Edit - I now shred cabbage, cook quickly in the microwave and add to the chowder to add extra vegetable]

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment