In fact we adapted it to suit us, so it seems reasonable to put up that recipe.
Meatza (feeds 4 adults)
800 g minced beef
1 egg, beaten
herbs of choice
Pasta/pizza sauce - tomato, onion, peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, spinach etc
[we use 400g tin of tomatoes, 1 pepper, 1 onion, 1 courgette, 100g mushrooms]
220g mozzarella/cheddar cheese (we go for half and half)
- Preheat oven to 220 C
- Prepare pizza sauce - you want it to reduce it so it is quite thick, allow up to 30 minutes
- In medium bowl, mix beef with egg and herbs until incorporated
- Spread into a greased cookie sheet (12 inch square with a lip), press into the bottom of the tray.
- Once oven is up to temperature, put meat into oven and cook for 12 minutes until most moisture has cooked off. It will reduce in size by quite a bit! Make sure it is cooked enough, it should be pretty solid.
- Remove from oven and drain off excess fat.
- Spread vegatable sauce over the 'crust' and top with cheese. You may want to add extra raw vegetables for extra crunch.
- Put back into the oven for 5 minutes to melt and brown the cheese.
- Remove and let cook briefly, slice and serve.
- Serve with salad or vegetable sticks